Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (“CITEM”, “we”, or “us”) commits to abide by both domestic and international data privacy principles, to respect your personal information and privacy, and to place appropriate measures in pursuit thereof. In particular, we commit to adopt all standards and regulations prescribed by Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, the issuances of the National Privacy Commission in relation thereto, and other applicable laws (collectively, “Privacy Laws”).
CITEM, an attached agency of the Philippine Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), assists exporters by developing their core competencies in the areas of marketing, promotion, and capability building through professionally managed and well-selected programs and activities.
In carrying out our functions and providing various services, we may collect, store and process personal information subject to the standards provided under the Privacy Laws. We acknowledge the right to withhold personal information; however, this may affect our comprehensive assessment and/or services to you.
The personal information which we may collect include personal information of individuals and/or entities and/or entities represented by individual, or related parties (collectively referred to as “data subjects” or “you”), such as:
- General contact details, i.e. name, address, email, and phone or mobile number;
- Personal information related to a query, claim, inquiry, application, registration, etc.; and
- Other personal information which the data subject may volunteer or disclose in the course of seeking our advice and/or services.
Personal information may be collected, with prior express consent of the data subject, through any of the following means:
- Letters, emails or other correspondences that a data subject may provide to us through electronic or non-electronic platforms, including the submission via the “Contact Us” or “Web Chat” form(s) in the CREATE Philippines’ website;
- Statements relating to personal information, whether in writing or verbal, made by the data subject in the course of obtaining our services; and
- Audio, audio-visual, or other similar recordings provided by the data subject.
CITEM ensures that all personal information are used for lawful and limited purpose(s), as follows:
- To provide advice and/or services to all concerns forwarded to us by the data subject;
- With prior authorization, to disclose the same to other parties or entities, including government agencies insofar as relevant to the matter concerned; and
- To regularly update the data subject of any significant developments in any creative field or industry relevant to the data subject.
CITEM adopts current and appropriate physical, technical, organizational measures to protect personal information. We adopt stringent in/out-of-office security measures to limit access to personal information and to ensure that only authorized personnel would have access thereto. Physical copies of documents are kept in secure storage facilities. Exclusive safety vaults are provided for sensitive documents and disposable personal data are securely and irreversibly disposed.
As for technical security, CITEM invests in the latest security to counteract any and all kinds of digital threats taking into consideration the level of security required for the personal information concerned.
All personal information is retained in accordance with the Privacy Laws and for such period as may be necessary for Us to fulfill the Purpose of the data collection. All documents are stored for a period of ten (10) years, unless a different legal mandatory record-keeping period applies. Physical and digital copies of the documents may be stored for a longer period provided that the same is required by law and the retention period thereof shall be equivalent as that prescribed by such law.
DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the Privacy Laws, you are entitled to the following data privacy rights:
- the right to be informed whether your personal information shall be, are being, or have been processed;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to reasonably access your personal information;
- the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in your personal information and have us correct it immediately and accordingly;
- the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your Personal Information from our records;
- the right to file a complaint with the NPC for any violation of your data privacy rights;
- the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your Personal Information not in accordance with this Statement; and
- the right to data portability of your personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM)
Tel. no. : (02) 8-831-2201
Fax no.: (02) 8-832-3965 / (02) 8-834-0177
E-mail: [email protected]
VERSION: 15 June 2021
We encourage you to regularly monitor this page for any privacy concern, or you may email us at [email protected].